https://www.thestilettogang.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Sparkle2BAbbey2BRock2Band2BRoll2BHall2Bof2BFame.jpg 150 200 The Stiletto Gang https://www.thestilettogang.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/TheStilettoGang-logo-09.png The Stiletto Gang2017-02-02 01:30:002022-07-05 18:02:45Fun Facts About Sparkle Abbey
by Sparkle Abbey
We’ve had a crazy week. We know, it’s only Thursday, but it feels like we’ve crammed in seven days since Monday. It’s times like this when we like to laugh and remind ourselves we have pretty amazing lives. So we thought this was the perfect time to share some fun facts about Sparkle Abbey.
- We are friends as well as neighbors. We live just one street away from each other. We can see each other’s houses from our windows.
- We’re plotting to buy the house between to use as a writer’s retreat house. We’ll put in a pool.
- We were part of the same critique group for years before we started writing together. Our critique group sometimes travels with us and we love to plot stories with them on road trips.
- We love to travel together and usually navigate pretty well. Although we did once accidentally go to Michigan. (Shh…don’t tell our husbands. We’ve never told them.)
- Our favorite drink is a margarita on the rocks or an iced tea. When we stop in our neighborhood pub, Francies’, after work the waitresses just ask if it’s an iced tea night or a margarita night.
- We’re also regulars at our local Starbucks, where they call us Non-Fat, No-Water Chai and Skinny Hazelnut. If one of us is there without the other, the barista often asks where the other half of the team is.
- We both love beaches and find the ocean soothing.
- Our husbands enjoy each other’s company and enjoy scotch tastings and comparing preferences.
- We’re both grandmothers and are crazy about our grandchildren.
- We have taken yoga classes together, although one of us (guess who) has been known to fall asleep during the relaxation portion.
- We love Broadway shows and packed as many as possible into our last New York City trip. We also had a Rod Stewart sighting. Ask us about it.
- At least once a week, we text each other and ask if it’s possible to join the Witness Protection Program.
- We are featured in a Writer’s Digest book “Writing with Emotion, Tension, & Conflict” in the chapter on “Tension and Pressure.”
- We picked the pen name ”Sparkle Abbey” because those are the names of our two rescue pets, Sparkle (ML’s cat) and Abbey (Anita’s dog.) The other choice using our other pets’ names was – Chewbacca Matisse
Okay, now it’s your turn. Share some of your fun facts!
Sparkle Abbey is the pseudonym of two mystery authors (Mary Lee Woods and Anita Carter). They are friends and neighbors as well as co-writers of the Pampered Pets Mystery Series. The pen name was created by combining the names of their rescue pets–Sparkle (Mary Lee’s cat) and Abbey (Anita’s dog). If you want to make sure you’re up on all the Sparkle Abbey news, stop by their website and sign up for updates at sparkleabbey.com.