Reading is my savior. Because I don’t have to commute to work, I miss that routine of an hour of reading before and after work. I lost my reading mojo when this global crisis started, as I couldn’t concentrate on anything. Words were just words to me.
I’m glad I got my reading mojo back, however, I’m struggling with it. Normally I would read two to three books in a week and now it takes me at least one week to finish a book. I think it’s the routine I miss.
No matter what, I continue to read and enjoy the stories being told for my reading pleasure.
How is everyone else doing with their reading?
So in between that, I’ve been trying out a few grocery delivery companies:
- Amazon Fresh: I get 98% of what I ordered delivered.
- Instacart: I get at least 85% of what I ordered delivered, so the shopping cart cost always fluctuate.
And home meal deliveries.
- HelloFresh: The program wouldn’t let me pick my own meal for the first time, so I had to settle on their choice and of the three, the only one I like was the flatbread and that is if I didn’t put the stuff they wanted me to put on it. Plus I had to do prep work. And the reason for cancellation, they did not deliver the box to my apartment door. They left it where the mailbox are and if I would not have said, hey where are they and went down there, someone could have walked away with the box.
- Now, I’m experimenting with Freshly now. The food is prepared and all I have to do is put it in the oven (it’s meant for a microwave, which I don’t have). In week one, I liked two of my choices. This week I picked something different and we’ll see if I continue beyond that.
- The other delivery companies all involved prep – yes, I’m lazy like that.
So, have any of you tried grocery deliveries or home meal deliveries?