I had a post all ready in my mind, that is until I discovered that the updated document is at my office. Anyway, I recently attended the ADCOLOR Conference for marketing and media minority and diversity professionals. Can you imagine walking into a conference and seeing hundreds of “like” professionals that look like shades of you? It was an awesome experience. This year’s topic was “moment of truth” when you realize that you have to do what is best for you when others at the “table” won’t let you in. It was very inspirational. I did have some takeaways –
- Allow fear and don’t fear failure
- When you inspire, you give life
- Create a safe place to be yourself
- Just because it is popular doesn’t mean it is the best
- It doesn’t matter where you are now, you can create light from darkness and that light will take you anywhere you want to go.
Anyway, between the conference, I was able to hang out with several of my friends who just happen to be authors.
Then came home and had lunch with more friends who again, happens to be authors
Last but not least two Raven Award recipients out on the town